Friday 22 August 2014

Online Stamp Classes

For the past 2 weeks I have been 'attending' an online stamp class. The tutors are fantastic, and you get access for ever so you can watch the videos over and over till you get the hang of the techniques. BONUS!!

Can't we all do with a little help getting more from our stamps.
 I have created two cards from some of the techniques that I have learnt, so I thought I would share them with you.

My first card is using a background stamp that I white  heat embossed onto water colour paper and then painted an ombre effect over the embossed image with pink- red water colour paints. I only used a small part of the panel that I made, to place down the side of the card. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamps 'Sending Happy Thoughts'. The heat embossed hearts come from a lovely set of patterned hearts which have coordinating dies too. The set is called  'Bottom of my Heart' created by Sweet and Sassy Stamps

This second card is using a background stencil that I cut using my Silhouette cameo and sponging with Pistachio ink made by Memento. I had the perfect stamps to complete this card from Clearly Besotted Stamps "Honeycomb" with also comes with a matching die. I used different inks to make the focals and popped them up with foam dots to give dimension. The sentiment came from 'Blue Skies Ahead' a My Favourite Things set.


I hope you are having a creative Day

xx Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment