Friday 6 February 2015

Completed Art Journal

Today, I can finally post pictures of the completed art journal I have made.

 I coloured the embossed faux leather with distress inks in Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain. When that was completely dry I sprayed it with a Mat varnish to seal it. I then lined the inside with a lovely piece of butterfly fabric that I have in my quilting stash and sewed in the beautiful leaves of water colour paper rounding all the corners for a finished
 look.
A button on elastic keeps the journal securely closed.
The beautiful butterfly fabric I chose for the inside.



To see the full video by Sheena Douglas on how to put this journal together click here.

I hope you are having a creative day,

xx  Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment