Friday 20 March 2015

First Birthdays

Any one that has children knows, that the first birthday is always a very special occasion. It has been a year of firsts, with many ups and downs and their birthday marks the start of much growing up that is about to begin.

A dear friend contacted me the other day and asked me to create a card for her granddaughter's first birthday, so I knew that it had to be something special. I chose to colour  'Marci on a Swing" from LaLa Land craft stamps with copic markers. Using simply pressed clay and the alphabet mold from Stampin Up, I custom made her name and also coloured the letters with copic markers and glossy accents. Here is the card I made and I hope it gives you some inspiration to customise your cards too.

The background is stamped from a stitched border stamp from Waltzingmouse stamps in Hero Arts 'Mint Julep" shadow ink. Japanese designer paper is used down the left side for an accent. Sentiment stamp is from Inspired by Stamping.


I hope you are having a creative day,

xx   Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment