Saturday 7 September 2013

Turning 70

A dear friend of mine is turning 70 this week. Although we are having an afternoon tea, she has requested that there be no presents. Oh dear,.... I can't let this event go by without presenting her with something. Therefore, I have decided to make a "special" card. It is still in the development stage, but here are a few sneak peaks.

         I hope she likes it!!! The inside will hold the message. It is a design that I found in a magazine called Magnolia Ink 2011 vol 3. Thanks Debbie for a great tutorial.

Hope you are having a creative day too.   

9 comments:

  1. This suitcase is lovely Liz!! I hope she will love it!!
    I love your orchids too! Your blog looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seadragon, thanks for your lovely comments. The orchids were taken in Singapore at the magnificent Botanical gardens

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness that is stunning. I am a teddy collector and as soon as I saw it I imagined opening it up to find a miniature bear...........Really impressed and lucky recipient!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dimensions of the suitcase is 7"x 6" with 1" side which in effect makes it 2" deep. A miniature teddy could easily fit into it. I'll have inside view when I get it finished.

      Delete
  3. Super duper suitcase Liz!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay. Hope you are going alright after you hard week.. Thinking of you.

      Delete
  4. WOW!!! Liz this is gorgeous, just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, Liz!!! She will love it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz that is awesome! I love it and so will she!

    ReplyDelete